12.12.12

Introduction to the Trilogy

I got the idea for Pip and the Zombieswhen I heard about Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

The opening chapter of Great Expectations has Pip in a graveyard where he is accosted by a frightening man who threatens to eat him. This was perfect for a zombie story. (As you can see here.)

The process of converting the original was a fun challenge. I had to weigh how each change I made would affect subsequent chapters. And occasionally, I found myself going back to adjust a previous chapter to work with a later change.

Readers who are familiar with the original will enjoy seeing the changes, while readers new to the story will enjoy this shorter version of the Dickens classic. My version retains his flavor, but takes the story in an alternate direction.

Book 2 is going to be even more interesting. I'm not 100% sure of the title, but the book will cover the 11 years that Pip is away from England.

He'll travel to Egypt first and make a startling discovery. Then he'll loop down through Africa, across to South America, up through North America, jump across to Ireland, and then back home.

Along the way, he'll meet a crazed zombie hunter named Coppola, a professor named Romero, and others. He'll fight at the Alamo while zombies from the south attack, meet a young boy named Huck Finn, and stumble across.... You'll have to wait.

All the while, trying to come to terms with his failed expectations and relationship with Estella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home