5.7.07

Chapter 6: The Horror

South Africa, 1833
I have seen horror. I have looked it in the eye. And you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... Horror and mortal terror are your friends. They keep you sharp. I remember when I was with the Zombie Annihilation Force... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a village to inoculate the children. Someone had come up with this concoction to prevent reanimation. We set up camp that night outside the village and during the night... and I'm telling you we heard nothing... nothing! In the morning they were all dead. {The serum had attracted the zombies. Not a child was left alive and some were already turning. And do you know what we had to do?}* Can you imagine what it was like to chop the heads off little children who, the day before, we had bounced on our laps? That's why I do what I do. And I love it. We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Does that make me crazy - that I love the smell of zombies burning?
*needs fixin'

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Skipper said...

Pip - I'm concerned about your sanity. Do you really believe an apocalypse awaits us around the corner?

Franklin - There's an apocalypse now, and it's up to us, and people like us, like you and me, to stop it.

Pip - I'm not like you.

November 16, 2011 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Mr. Skipper said...

*The inoculation, like with polio or whatever, contained a little bit of the zombie virus. Evidently even a "little" is too much, and it turned the children into zombies. Forget the bit about attracting other zombies.

December 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home